Sunday, March 4, 2012

Drunken Nights


As I intoxicate myself with one last drink, I'm regretting the other 3.  
It wasn't late but it felt late. 
My focused body was as confused as my thoughts and emotions. 
My head spun around and this feeling was different.
 I felt like an astronaut on the moon but without the proper gear. 
People use this to escape from reality and waking up the next morning, I thought last night was all a dream.
 I look at my clock, 6:15 am.  Looked at the messages and the missed calls and smelled the puke. 
This wasn't  a dream and this headache and the slight disconnection with reality proves that last night wasn't my night. 
First thing I thought about was, how thirsty I was. 
Second was how upset my mother was and how my father would be. 
Third, the disappointment I'm slowly becoming.  I was off to college next semester (September) and this isn't the person I want to be there. 
Last but not least, how disgusted I was with myself. I was constantly shaking and my head wasn't feeling any better. I had to apologize to so many people for my very inconsiderate and drunken behavior....

No comments:

Post a Comment