Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweet Home: R.I.P

Rest In Peace to those who lost their lives in the Earthquake that struct Haiti.  May the Lord be with those who lost someone very dear to their hearts. 

Destruction
Sweet home inflicted by Mother Nature.
Natives confused
Many blame the forces of evil in my sweet home
Many called it a disaster
Two years yet feeling like two weeks
Two years families lying on the dirty pavements of my sweet home
The afflictions are apparent.
Bodies heaped
No discrimination in age or gender
Children, mothers, fathers, brothers, aunts, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends, black, white, females and males.
No discrimination in the capacity of those hurt.
My sweet home
Filled with sweet people with such selfish greedy attitudes
Where’s the money?
Where’s the food?
I see the helping people but where’s the improvements.
Dysfunctional
Scared, internally and externally
The mountains are disfigured
The plants are crying
The animals are defaulted
The seas are bleeding
The trees are annihilated
My sweet home is lacerated
Still there’s a force of warmth and joy
My sweet people celebrate life everyday
My sweet people celebrate the lost souls
My sweet people have the strength of tigers
The hearts of our mothers
And the spirit of our angels
My sweet home
Damaged but yet desirably filled with courage.


No comments:

Post a Comment